Useful Resources as I find them
What is Virtual Private Network?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is network technology that secures network connection over a public network such as private network owned by a service provider or the Internet. Government agencies, large corporations and educational institutions use VPN technology to enable users securely connect to a private network.
VPN can connect multiple pages over a great distance just like Wide Area Network (WAN). VPN is often used to extend intranets worldwide to spread news and information to a wide user base. Educational institutions use VPN to associate campuses that can be spread across the country or around the world.
In order to access the private network, an internet user must be authenticated by a unique ID and password. An authentication token if mainly used to access a private network through a personal ID number (PIN) which must be entered by user. The PIN is a unique authentication code that changes in accordance with particular frequency as a rule around every 30 seconds.
Why choose NordVPN?
- Located in Panama, which has no data retention laws – this means NordVPN can legally follow a strict no-logs policy to ensure users’ privacy and security
- Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee
- No bandwidth or data limits for VPN traffic
- Can connect 6 devices to one NordVPN account at the same time
- 5,000+ servers in 60+ countries (the numbers are constantly growing) — biggest server network for VPNs on the planet
- The large number of servers helps distribute traffic and guarantees fast, smooth VPN connections
- Works in restrictive countries (China, Middle East) that limit/censor internet access
- Military-grade AES-256-GCM encryption using only the most secure protocols:
OpenVPN (UDP and TCP), IKEv2/IPSec, NordLynx (based on WireGuardc)
- 24/7 customer support (live chat, email, ticket system)
- Comes with CyberSec, which blocks dangerous websites and annoying ads
- Customizable kill switch (can shut down individual processes or the internet connection)
- Dedicated P2P servers
- Offers Double Encryption servers for extra privacy and security